Thursday, September 23, 2004

The Medical

Date: 3rd MAR 1971

I went for my medical today and it was a bit of a farce. Fortunately my appointment was after I'd finished work, so I didn't get into trouble with my boss like last week. The B*****d made me work Saturday, just cos I had the Tues off to go to my interview. Anyway back to the medical. It was a local GP's surgery, not my own, and it took me ages to find it, but I got there just in time. I had to wait 20 minutes before I was called in.

I was expecting the Doctor to do all sorts of tests, but all he did was listen to my chest, bang me on the knee with a rubber hammer and make me walk up and down the surgery a couple of times before pronouncing me A1 and fit to join the Air Force. I felt a bit cheated, but never mind, at least I passed. One more hurdle completed. Just have to wait for my call-up papers now.

Won't be long before I'm in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home