Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Entrance Exam

Date: 23rdFEB1971

Well today I took the entrance exam to join the R.A.F.

I was expecting something quite difficult and I was a bit nervous, but in the end it was fairly easy. The paper was in multiple choice form with a bit of maths and english. As I've got GCSE "O" levels in these two subjects I didn't find the questions too taxing. The officer interviewed me afterwards and told me a lot about the air force. He then asked me what trade I would fancy doing . I said something to do with photography, because that's the job I was doing now.

"Well, there's Air Photography Operator," he said. "but with your results you can apply for anything."

I told him that I'd stick with photo, so he put me down for that. After a lot more form filling he said that I had to go for a medical with a local doctor, and if I passed that, I should be accepted. He did warn me that, normally it takes 3 to 4 weeks to process the forms but with the current postal strike it could be longer. And that was it. I felt elated . At long last I was about to join the forces.

As I was leaving the office, the Sgt pulled me over and offered some advice,-

"Remember lad," he said. " you can do anything you want in the air force, just so long as you don't get caught!"

I'll have to remember that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home